A Little History- Club founded by a few gentlemen of the surrounding villages of Boldon in 1912
The Club was founded by a few gentlemen of the surrounding villages of Boldon in 1912. Originally the 'Old Vale Course' was a 9 hole layout but as demand increased and the game evolved in the North East the club moved to its present site. Again a 9 hole course was laid out until in 1926 six time Open Champion, Harry Vardon, was commissioned to design a course on the site occupied to this day.
Over the years the club has developed steadily. Gradual improvements to the course, facilities and professional services available to all members and visitors have enabled the club to enjoy a reputation worthy of its age. Having just passed the club's centenary the desire to continue this development and progress has not diminished. The natural difficulties of the course, a par 72 measuring 6414 yards from the medal tees have been enhanced over the years by an extensive bunker programme and tree planting. The trees continue to mature and define many holes, resulting in a course which is a fine test of ability for all standards of golfer.